Smallest ATX Chassis

Currently the smallest full ATX case I can think of is Logic Case SC-33380B | 3U Standard Chassis 10 x 3.5" HDD Bays . It is almost small enough to be called an SFF case! It's less than 22L. The PSU overhangs three slots.

3U Server Chassis | Full Height PCI Support | Accepts 2U and 3U Power Supplies | Logic Case this page has several cases with the same outer dimensions and different bay configurations.

If you want seven slots? SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- GD09 is it, 27L.

If you are fine with three slots and risers then try Logic Case SC-2380 | 2U short depth Chassis for 14.4L. If only one slot is enough then Logic Case SC-13400 | Rack Mountable Server Chassis Case 1U 400MM Short Depth for ATX MB is 7.7L.

The all time champion is IMO the GT3-BH, GT3™ SFF Black Case, ATX, 1 slot, 350W PSU, Aluminum/Steel, GTR TECH at 13.4L discontinued long ago.

Last edited:
Mmm... that silverstone case is definitely a step in the right direction...

Cooling would be an issue for some of my components, but I could possibly make that work.

This is a really useful thread, thanks to all those who participated. Fair play to those who gave us the convenience of volume calcs as well.

I'm planning to build my parents an HTPC with my old PC parts, and so far it's a toss up between the Lian Li PC-A55 (anandtech review here if interested), the Corsair 400Q or Lian-Li A05FN. The doner parts are:
  • GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4
  • i5 2500k
  • GTX 550Ti
  • Corsair H80i AIO Watercooler
  • Some RAM
  • PSU (more than enough watts)
If the on-board graphics can cope, I might not fit the graphics card to minimise heat which will in-turn reduce noise (my mum's quite deaf these days, so perhaps not a concern!). It'll be placed on a hard surface, so 'up and in' fans would no doubt be beneficial. It would be nice to keep the costs down, but the prices of these cases seem to only be a £20+/- difference (none seem to inc. PSU).

They're well overdue for getting an upgrade, they currently use my very old AMD AM2 Dual Core / M2N-E SLI setup (ci. 2005!).

Just thought I'd comment with thanks and how I'm intending to use this information.

Back