Smallest 1080p glossy lcd?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
11,799
Basically I am looking to make a homemade projector and I need the smallest screen that will do 1080p and is glossy (the ag coating really kills the brightness).

The smallest I can find on newegg is 21.5" and that is way too big, has to be 17" or less. I know there are laptop screens that are smaller but I have no way to input so it must have inputs/controller board as well.
 
I think you could use a 16.4 inch panel that is used on laptops. Look at Sony VPCF11 series, they have cheap 1080p lcd's with no anti glare i think. If you can get the model number of the lcd, you should be good to go.
 
Not sure if you've checked yet but DIY projector forums were usually good at helping members source small high rez panels + controller boards. I used to see some great deals and ideas years ago.

Multi-compatible controller boards used to be real cheap on ebay, not sure what prices are like now though.
 
Back
Top