• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

smaller sata cables, where to get them?

lostspyder

n00b
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
38
ANyone know where to find some smaller sata cables, all i can find are 12in cables, and there much too long. I was hopign to find some 6inchers.
 
When the hell did they start carrying those? I looked just last week and came up empty handed! Maybe I should rephrase that to empty-headed.
 
thanks dude for the link...you have no idea how frigging annoying it is to struggle with my"case wireing shui" when i have this long cable to deal with, not to mention it doesnt bend that easily..

i wonder if i could MAKE my own sata cables...you know..instead of using a ribbon, use a rounded cable...of course this time i'll run a few more ground cables to eliminate crosstalk or whatever you wanna call it..

is this feasible?
 
Tt makes rounded SATA cables, and it seems like they are pretty flexible. I can't vouch for their quality, but I have no reason to think they wouldn't be reasonably good.
 
cnat find those rounded Sata cables. the Thermaltake (if thats what you meant) webside didnt show any...unless i'm reading it wrong (i have a habit of doing that)

link please?
 
WillowHawk said:
cnat find those rounded Sata cables. the Thermaltake (if thats what you meant) webside didnt show any...unless i'm reading it wrong (i have a habit of doing that)

link please?
Right here. Scroll down. But they are 1/2 meter 18", so you don't want those I'm assuming

BTW, Performance PCs has some really slick looking 12" SATA cables with RIGHT-ANGLED CONNECTORS. Top of the page.
 
Back
Top