Hey guys, I'd like to have my networking gear and a server or two in my basement but I'm having difficulty with device placement because of heat conditions in the furnace room.
My basement is all finished, including the furnace room as depicted below. I want to keep my HP media server, router, switch and maybe another server in the furnace room but I'm stuck on how to keep the devices cooler in the winter.
In the summer with the AC on, the furnace room is quite cool and nice, would be ideal for the devices. In winter though, those devices would get quite warm.
I was thinking of maybe buying a smaller cabinet and hang it on the wall opposite the furnace where I have a electrical outlet but I would think that the cabinet would need some kind of fan/venting for it to help cool inside.
I'm unsure what I should do.
To the left inside the furnace room, I have some shelves and it would be great to have the network gear there...but I don't have any electrical connections run to that spot.
Here is my layout.
Any suggestions? Has anybody dealt with a problem like this before?
I can't have the devices anywhere else unfortunately.
My basement is all finished, including the furnace room as depicted below. I want to keep my HP media server, router, switch and maybe another server in the furnace room but I'm stuck on how to keep the devices cooler in the winter.
In the summer with the AC on, the furnace room is quite cool and nice, would be ideal for the devices. In winter though, those devices would get quite warm.
I was thinking of maybe buying a smaller cabinet and hang it on the wall opposite the furnace where I have a electrical outlet but I would think that the cabinet would need some kind of fan/venting for it to help cool inside.
I'm unsure what I should do.
To the left inside the furnace room, I have some shelves and it would be great to have the network gear there...but I don't have any electrical connections run to that spot.
Here is my layout.
Any suggestions? Has anybody dealt with a problem like this before?
I can't have the devices anywhere else unfortunately.