Smaller monitors for Eyefinity?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
2FA
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
13,389
I started out looking for 3x24" monitors for Eyefinity. I found three Dell U2412Ms for $900. Unfortunately, my budget is about one-third of that. Would it be worthwhile to go under 20" with Eyefinity? Or would a single 24" screen provide a superior gaming experience?
 
checking newegg real quick there doesn't seem to be anything other than 20 inch monitors for around $100/each

there were a couple refurbed 21.5's you might be interested in.

Personally I'd get a single 24 and if/when you have more cash to spend you can always add to your setup... in fact thats exactly what i did :p
 
It's a new monitor and there isn't a lot of info out about it yet, but I think the zr2040w would be an interesting monitor in an eyefinity setup. It's 1600x900 resolution at 20", so would be relatively easy to drive. Each monitor can be had for $170, so it's out of your price range, but would be about $510 for an IPS panel with integrated displayport.
 
I went with 3 1600x1200 2007FP's in portrait for 3600x1600 eyefinity.
Picked them up used from http://www.dfsdirectsales.com/dell/ctl641/cp57131/cl2/monitors for $115 each. Have to keep an eye on the site because those monitors don't show up often or last long when they do. You'll still be playing the panel lottery on these as their either IPS or PVA panels and you won't know which you get until you can see the SN of the monitor.
 
I also went with 3 1600x1200 2007FP but I am kind of disappointed I didn't go for larger. the difference b/n 20" and 19" is not noticeable.
 
Back
Top