Small USB LCD status screen

Forceman

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to find a small screen I can use to display status information for my computer (CPU temp, GPU load, stuff like that). Basically something like the Logitech keyboards (G19, G510) have, but standalone. I know there used to be such things made, but I can't find anything now. Anyone have any ideas?

Last time I was playing around with that idea, I found a bunch of them on amazon. Just search "usb monitor" on amazon.

Yeah, pretty much everything I found at Amazon was a real monitor - I'm just looking for something low-end (under $50 hopefully) that'll display some vital stats.

Thanks. MAybe too small, and I don't know if they have software support I'd want, and I know my programming skills aren't up to making it work if not. I'm starting to lean towards one of the 7" screens mentioned earlier - bigger than I want, but maybe more flexible also.

If you end up going that route, I know these used to be pretty popular for this sort of thing. Maybe cheaper than other options, and there should be guides available online to help you use them as a secondary monitor for your computer.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
idk some of the ones on amazon are only 7" they aren't all full monitors . 800x something rez only too. (my 10.1" tablet is 1280x800) . The few touchscreen ones I glanced at are not capacitive though.
I know you can run a xbmc remote app on android tablets(and probably android phones) that can preview/thumbnail all of your media and playlists and stuff remotely and launch them on the main pc/htpc with the full xbmc on it that the remote android app is accessing/"controlling". Perhaps there is some app that would allow similar function from a system monitoring application. I know in the old days I had a LED readout thing in a 5.25" bay I got from frozencpu.com hehe. Now I have the logitech one, and multiple monitors so I could just leave it up on one of the side panels. I got a few asus led backlit 1440x900 lcds for around $100 bux on each newegg awhile ago, that I use for misc stuff like chat, email, volume controls, progress meters, etc.

Which Logitech one do you have? I was initially thinking more along the lines of a simple monochrome display, but now the idea of a full color 7" is starting to grow on me. I don't have room for a full-size monitor, but the idea of 800x480 extra pixels off on the side sounds good. I just don't know if they still work while you are running a game on the main screen.

Oh I meant the logitech keyboard with the tiny lcd on it. Got it on a "dented box" deal awhile ago but it was in perfect condition like most of their dented box deals. The small usb lcd sounds neat though.

I use a 5" TFT car headrest monitor connected to an s-video out from a secondary gpu. I use it for temps/cpu-gpu temps/load etc.

Back