Small USB 2.0 header?

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone ever dealt with the smaller USB 2.0 header?

So I have this board https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/X11/X11SCV-Q.cfm

Its a really good board, but there are two annoyances..

1) it has USB 3.1 front panel, I tried an adapter from 3.1 header to 3.0 header, that didn't work...

2) so then I though why not just convert USB 2.0 header to 3.0. And then I ran into another problem. The USB 2.0 header is smaller then normal.

Anyone seen a small USB 2.0 header? Are there any Small USB 2.0 headers to USB 3.0?

I dunno man, server motherboard/case makers tend to have lots of proprietary shit so they can up-sell you on accessories. It's possible that Supermicro's "mainstream" boards also suffer from this, or maybe it's just a lesser-known standard?

It is a low-profile Xeon board, after all. That screams "Small Business NAS or router" to me.

You'll probably have to give them a call, or download their motherboard spec sheet and have a glance.

Last edited:
I have used old 4 pin or even single pin front panel connectors to adapt to usb headers as long as they are electrically connected properly. There should be the pin values in the manual. Google search the pinouts tp make sure even. You can use a jewelers screwdriver to push the connects out.

So it's not just half the pins, the pins are physically closer to each other as well?

I've had to deal with half cables on a two port header, but never a half header (nevermind one that is smaller than a normal header).

Back