• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Small problem w/ X-Fi

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Just wondering if theres some .exe I deleted from my bootup that allows headphone mode to be detected when you plug it into the front bay. My system no longer does the switch automaticly....I have to do it manually :( I remember when I first got it, it used to switch. Any ideas?
 
You have to go back to the original driver. The updated drivers break that (and a few other things)
 
Really...thats weird, because that was the fix for mine. When did you buy it? I bought mine in August of last year (quakecon) so I am sure I have the older driver CD, maybe your came with the newer drivers that break it?

The version of drivers I use in device manager for SB X-Fi is: 5.12.2.1143
 
Did you delete all the CTsomething.exe's from bootup? By manually do you mean the settings in the audio console are not being saved and reverting to default?

I had problems with my settings being reset to default every reboot and I deleted all of the CTs from startup to fix that. This is using the latest drivers (Nov 15 05).
 
BBA said:
Really...thats weird, because that was the fix for mine. When did you buy it? I bought mine in August of last year (quakecon) so I am sure I have the older driver CD, maybe your came with the newer drivers that break it?

The version of drivers I use in device manager for SB X-Fi is: 5.12.2.1143

I got mine around that time to. I used to work...thats the thing.
 
Back
Top