• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Small powered monitors for a small HDTV

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
7,162
I just ordered a Dell S2209W LCD (1080p, 21.5") to use as a small HDTV with my workstation. I also need some small speakers to connect to my digital cable box. I just want some clean, simple audio since the TV will be tuned to news M-F or a football game on the weekend. Cheap is good for this purchase. Think these would do a decent job?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...OTC-Froogle-_-Speakers-_-Behringer-_-36196006
 
Considering it's low price and good reviews, i'd say you found a winner in that price range.

Looks like they're rebadged Roland MA-8 Stereo Micro Monitors
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cool. I'll get'em unless someone has a better or cheaper suggestion.
 
Behringer are good at budget studio audio, i say go for them for the price they are.
 
Uh oh... I looked up the specs and the speakers are listed as 9 inches deep (front to back). That's way too big for my desk space. Any recommendations for something smaller? Doesn't have to be powered monitors. I found a cool speaker from Logitech called an Audiohub. It'd be perfect, but I can't see how I could connect it to a cable box. It's meant to connect to a laptop or desktop via USB.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A33MUIY6HPWDRJ&v=glance
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It appears to only have a USB connection. I also can't imagine it sounding good.......at all.
 
I'm gonna head to a local Best Buy and see what I can find. Too bad about those Behringers. They'd end up hanging halfway off my desk.
 
Found a decent little speaker set at BB, yesterday. Got a Creative Labs Inspire T12 2.0 set for just $25. It was an open box deal. They're small and produce enough sound to listen comfortably to news and sports on my Dell S2209W LCD.

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=789&product=18449&listby=usage
Is this what it looks like in the back ?: http://us.creative.com/products/enlarge.asp?product=18449&img=Inspire_T12/pop_fea3.jpg&alt=

Odd arrangement if so. How do they sound compared to other multimedia-ish type speakers you've heard? I'm guessing it punches above it's weight at $25, and looks decent sitting on a desk.
 
Yup, that's it. They sound pretty good, especially for what I use them for: news/financial channel watching. I also watched the Falcons-49ers game and was very pleasantly surprised with the sound. I wouldn't have paid the $69.99 retail price for them, but for $25 they're perfect. I'll snap a pic when my new camera arrives in a few days.
 
Back
Top