Small PC Case Recomendations

Dissolution

Weaksauce
What case would you guys recomend that is very small but not shuttle pc kind of small. Like a mini tower pc or something. Give me suggestions.

EDIT : Oh and it has to fit a standard size ATX Mobo.

Do you want full-height expansion cards? How many 5-1/4's? How many 3-1/2's?

Yes I want to be able to take my stuff out of my current big rig and get it into a small case, so yes full height cards.

I need two 5-1/4's three would be nice, and one 3-1/2 slot.

I was currently looking at the Super Lanboy but any recomendations would be greatly appreaciated.

Oh also do power supplies differ in size, like if a case comes with a 300 can I put my current 480 in it?

Yikes, that isn't going to be a small case by any means. Is weight a factor? Also, if you only need an AGP and a couple of PCI's, then you may be able to get by with a case that uses riser cards.

Yes, standard ATX PSU's are a standard size. More than likely, you'll be able to move your current PSU over with the rest of your equipment. There are MANY different form factors when it comes to PSU's, but you usually don't run into the odd-balls (mATX, flex-atx, redundant hot-swappable, etc) unless you're dealing with very small cases or server cases.

If someone could show me a good shutle pc that comes with a mobo installed then I would happily buy one, dont want to buy a new mobo seperate though.

Dissolution said:
If someone could show me a good shutle pc that comes with a mobo installed then I would happily buy one, dont want to buy a new mobo seperate though.

all shuttles come with mobo. Unless you buy one used, all you really need to add is drives, memory, CPU and AGP/PCI cards. Any system labelled as "barebones" should be the same

Dissolution said:
Give me a more expensive nice looking one, gotta love ebay. ;)
AMD
Shuttle SN85G4V2 XPC
Shuttle SN95G5 XPC

Intel
ASUS Terminator 2 (T2-P)
FIC Condor

Of course, you never did mention what CPU you're using. That would certainly make a difference.

If you're in the market, this is a good site to visit: http://www.sfftech.com/

What shuttle case will prvide good cooling also. I have to throw my BFG 6800GT in there. Will it fit, lol.

Back