Small IT Company Looking for Part-time Network Consultant [$30/hr]

mag187

n00b
My name is Mario Guerriero, owner of Geek Mercenaries, a 24/7 IT support team for small businesses and home users in San Diego CA.

I recently lost my networking guy and it couldn't have been at a worst time. We are in the middle of 3 very important projects that involve some moderately advanced networking knowledge which I do not posses.

We need your help. I am looking for a network admin looking for pick up a few extra bucks on their spare time. You can work from home and get paid by mail or paypal.

My requirements are very flexible and, honestly, I just need someone who can help me and my techs figure difficult stuff out when we're in a crunch. Please, just be honest in your experience and skills. I don't need a super-genius, but you need to have at least put your skills to practice.

Requirements:

Must be very knowledgeable in the fields of:

-Network Administration
-Advanced Networking
-Windows NT, Windows Server 2003
-Distributive Application Servers
-Basic Website Administration

Must be available to provide phone support to my technicians on an on-call basis from about 12-8PM PST. These hours change from week to week but I am very flexible.

Compensation:

-$30/hr or $.50/min for phone support.
-$15/hr for work-at-home projects.

Length of Work:

I would be needing your services for at least a month. While we look for a local full-time replacement. If things work out, I would be able to put you on full-time with better pay and more routine work.

You would be paid by your preferred method of payment. MO, Paypal, Check, CC.

We are a quickly-growing company, so I would advice anyone interested to jump onboard.

E: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
AIM: themag187
P: 619.665.58.60

Please send resume [not required], complete contact information and why you think you are the best candidate for the job and I will contact you ASAP.

Thank you all for your time!

Mario
Geek Mercenaries

feigned said:
Someone remind me why I am in Indiana again?
Holy crap dude, I live in Indiana as well, New Albany. Not far huh?

This does seem interesting, but, I know my limits, I can't take this job, I don't think I know enough for this, being remote admin and all, I'm better when I'm working right in front of everything.

feigned said:
Someone remind me why I am in Indiana again?

I hear you,, I cant give you a reason or let alone myself a good reason for being in Indiana...

Kaiga said:
Holy crap dude, I live in Indiana as well, New Albany. Not far huh?

This does seem interesting, but, I know my limits, I can't take this job, I don't think I know enough for this, being remote admin and all, I'm better when I'm working right in front of everything.

nomak said:
I hear you,, I cant give you a reason or let alone myself a good reason for being in Indiana...

auxout said:
Yay for corn!?
Now we come out of the woodwork. lol Well guys, you can see where I'm from...the "architectural" area of south-central Indiana.

I'd do everything I could remotely, but it would have to be one of those "if I'm at work then I'm not doing anything else, sorry" deals. The NT stuff is easy stuff, but the "advanced networking" thing is the troubling portion of the OP's post.

If you get on full time you will get a bump in pay from the initial 30$? w00t! I am very proficient in B.S. and slacking off, with much experience in sleeping on the job and talking down to customers.... so do I get the job?!?! I'll even give you a nice frown in your general direction every morning when I see you.

I kid, but are you looking for Cisco guru's? Might need a little more info on your setup.

Too bad I'm in the middle of a couple big projects for my job. The pay is pretty damn tempting but alas my regular job takes precendence. I'll check in with a few good friends from the field and maybe find you a taker.

Indiana is better than Minnesota IMHO I mean its very tough to find anything remotely resembling IT unless you want to be a contractor.

Cost of Living in San Diego > Cost of Living in Indiana
...insanely more.

Zo- said:
Cost of Living in San Diego > Cost of Living in Indiana
...insanely more.
I have no reservations about living in Indiana because it is ridiculously cheaper here, I just wish the $30/hr (which sounds low for that area) would be really nice here. :D

Aside from that, why did you pick answering my question as your first post?

feigned said:
I have no reservations about living in Indiana because it is ridiculously cheaper here, I just wish the $30/hr (which sounds low for that area) would be really nice here. :D

Aside from that, why did you pick answering my question as your first post?

Because I also am from Indiana, and would like to as well, move to San Diego...

Back