Small Footprint Amp?

Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
982
I apologize if this question has been asked before. I did some searching, but found nothing that really answered my question.

Here is what I am looking for. A small footprint headphone amplifier to be used with an MP3 player (MS Zune). I need it to be small but powerful, an ultra-portable design. Something like what I've seen fit into an Altoids can ("CMOY"?). I need this to be able to be purchased without the use of eBay or PayPal (don't ask). Links to eBay auctions are not helpful.

Basically where can I buy SFF amps like the "CMOY" and "LittleDot", or another similar designed amp???
Note; I've found countless articles in magazines and online regarding building my own amp, but I work over 40+ hours a week and simply don't have the time to build anything right now.

Thanks!
 
I went through alot of the post in headfi and it came down to the ibasso Boa D2 or Headroom Total Bithead . Well, really from the post, it would seem the ibasso boa is the better amp/dac, but for me, the bithead would be the easier one to get since the ibasso ships from Europe. After some time, I decided I'd rather pay a little more and wait a week longer and actually get the better gear, so I ordered the ibasso. Was $184 for the ibasso/shipping (probably USPS and whatever the Euro equiv is) and $169 for the Bithead/shipping (fedex 2 day)
 
Great. Let us know what you think of it when you get it (and pics are always appreciated).
 
Not concerned too much with shipping time or where it ships from, so that iBasso D2 Boa looks really tempting for par-$200. I'll have to review the specs more in-depth and do some research. Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. When you get it, post some pic's and let me know how you like it.
 
I think iBasso is one of the very few choices out there at a sub-200 budget.
Headamp and RSA who sells highly regarded portable amps only carry portables in the 350+ range.
If you can find a way to pay via paypal, there are several other options, including the corda meier amps, prebuilt mini3's, and pa2v2.
 
I think iBasso is one of the very few choices out there at a sub-200 budget.
Headamp and RSA who sells highly regarded portable amps only carry portables in the 350+ range.
If you can find a way to pay via paypal, there are several other options, including the corda meier amps, prebuilt mini3's, and pa2v2.

I like the iBasso. I found it being used by several members over @ Head-Fi and I think it's size, specs and price will suit my needs just fine. I'll try and pick one up this weekend (or at least order it).

I also need to find some solid high quality cables. Something short, but with a male 3.5mm stereo jack on both end, so I can have something going from my Zune to the amp. Anyone have any suggestions??? I saw one on the iBasso website I will probably order regardless.

Thanks guys! I'm a complete "noob" when it comes to audio components.
 
3.5mm stereo jack on both end

well, look on the ibasso site. They sell three products,...really two . One being an ibasso Dac+amp (silver or black) and the other being a short 3.5mm on both ends high qualty stereo cable.

Also, they ship out of Shenzhen China. I ordered mine on the 17th, it shipped on the 18th and it's in Hawaii right now at the UPS site getting loaded on a truck to be delivered to me..so fairly fast delivery even if you don't consider it shipped from outside the US.
 
Back
Top