Small favor to ask...

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
Does anyone have any spare cycles to donate? There is a guy that posts frequently in the News section that I think should join in the GenMay fun (I started this before they fixed the billing issue). I am halfway to 1/2 million points for the year of entry. It's just taking a while (home PC and work PC only). Anyone want to help out for the guy? He hasn't folded ever, so it was started from 0 points. Anything would help. A day, a week (probably the max that I'd ask).

SkribbelKat is the user name (team 33, of course). Here is where I'm at so far: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=SkribbelKat

Just trying to help another [H] member into the GenMay club. He seems like he'd fit right in. You'd have my gratitude, and I'm sure he'd be very grateful, too!

Thanks!

Why doesn't he just fold? To me, you are trying to game the system. If the guy wants help setting up machines to join our cause, great. Exploiting our cause to gain Gen May membership just plain sucks.

Kinda what musky said.

I mean hell.... an old 8800gt for $30 will get him there in about 4 months.

Ok. Sorry for asking. He is folding, too (1 of the 3 machines). Just trying to help the guy out! Not trying to game the system or anything, just being a nice guy helping him out. Nothing was intended other than to help him to 500K points and let him glide from there.

Sorry if I broke any rules or anything. :|

No rules were broken, just some information missing in the OP.

To make sure I understand:

-The person does fold
-You just are helping with a points boost to the person

Correct?

What is he folding on that is taking him so long to get there?

Make sure you guys are setup for bonus points (Setup and use a passkey!)

That will help tremendously if you are not already doing it.

He could always just pay the $5 and join for a year too... I just looked and it's free for the rest of the week too. :)

And then he could keep folding anyway to help the cause.

Yeah I paid my $15 for lifetime membership yet I fold 500K points every few days.

I didn't realize that 500k was the minimum so I spent a few days getting up to 1 million.
Some jokers on IRC said it was 1M. :D
It's nice to have friends.... ;)

I didn't realize that 500k was the minimum so I spent a few days getting up to 1 million.

500K is one year, 1M is lifetime! You are welcome!

LOL.

Honestly though? If the cat wants access to GM based on folding points that he didn't earn, is that the correct place for him to be hanging his hat in?

Question: How much does it cost in electricity to generate that many points v. just paying $5?

Question: How much does it cost in electricity to generate that many points v. just paying $5?

(3) 4p costs about $8.90 a day to run and generate about 1.1M PPD...... about $4.04 per 500K points. GPU folding would be cheaper.

Oh man, and here I just made the jump to get away from that inveterate troll

lol

jeez

did not mean to kill thread, while I do find SK to be a troll, it also makes me laugh

PM me the particulars and I will throw one of the 45104 rigs on it for a bit just to show my heart is in the right place

jeez

did not mean to kill thread, while I do find SK to be a troll, it also makes me laugh

PM me the particulars and I will throw one of the 45104 rigs on it for a bit just to show my heart is in the right place

I have no idea what a 45104 rig is, but do not do it.

Put down the gun, erm bottle and step away from the keyboard slowly.

45104 is team ubuntu, my antique CNC drivers fold there, 2Kppd out of 8 boxes

45104 is team ubuntu, my antique CNC drivers fold there, 2Kppd out of 8 boxes

Wow. That involves some [H]ard Bits (of info). (literally)

You'd assume that it would take more CPU to run those things...

it keeps getting harder, a couple are down to 62ppd on uni

Once he gets access to Gen May, he'll never be able to live this "cry for help" down.

Oh well, let's fold on!

At least I learned that there is a Gen May, that some CNC rigs run ubantu, and that good intentions can help pave the paths to Hell (but mostly not). :D

Back