Small External 12V AC-DC PSU

Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
2,173
Would anyone happen to know where I could purchase a reasonably inexpensive external 12V AC-DC PSU? I would like to use it for an external w/c system that I am building so I don't need to route a power cable from my PC box to the external system.

Power demands aren't too great...it only needs to power the following:

3 120mm fans (~8-10 W each)
A small homebrew fan controller (low draw)
Aquaxtreme 50z 12V pump (~10W)
Some cold cathodes and LED's (low power draw, total <5W)
LCD temperature sensor (low draw)

Even a 50W PSU would probably be sufficient.

Would a laptop PSU do the trick? Heck, if even a small internal psu (circuits exposed is ok) roughly 1/4 the size of an ATX psu would work.

I'll continue to search google, of course, but I haven't quite come across something that I'd like.

Thanks for any help!
 
Back
Top