Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

Im using an asus Rog swift pg279q -165 hz monitor 2560 x 1440 native res
in windows 7 64 bit and i find the desktop to small to read and look at

Small.png

Then i tryed to use 125% dpi and im sure if this is right for me

125%.png

So i was wondering if windows 10 has another layout or bigger fonts to deal with in 2560 x 1440 res ?

What do all you other people do with ur 27 " monitors screen size ?
I cant believe you all just stare at this first picture with small textures.

I dont even use glasses and have fine eyes, so please help me while i still have my eye sight before im getting blind over this problem or nutz

P.s for best to see these picture save em to your desktop and enlarge em to see what i see

Windows 10 does scaling a lot better. Unless you have good reasons to stay on 7 I suggest you try 10.

I have bad eyesight, glasses (and still less than 10/10 vision), and I'm fine with 1440p@27" with 100% dpi scaling on win 7. You're probably just sitting too far from your monitor. Or you have DSR and a higher than native res.

That is tiny. I use Win 10 with a 27" 1440p monitor and whatever it pre-determined my DPI to be is perfect. Just keep increasing it until you like it.

I use 133% custom scaling on a 34" 1440p ultrawide, I can't stand 100% scaling even on a 40-inch 1080p because I want more pixels in my text, dammit.

Pick a scaling level that is comfortable for you, everyone has different eyesight, preferences, and usage. Just be ready to tick "disable hi-DPI" in the properties box of executables that don't scale well.

You can change the taskbar to use "small icons" if you are afraid scaling is making it take up too much space, that is what I do.

Psycrow:

I have the same screen size, same res. And I always zoom in when I'm using chrome. So yes, I agree. It's too small by default.

I use the bigger Windows 7 task bar. With large icons. Not the classic look.

Back