Small Bookshelves

FRAGMAN BOB

Limp Gawd
I've got a small stereo amp that puts out a solid 20wpc. Anyone have recommendations for smallish bookshelves that I can use with my PC. I used to have Energy satellites and they sounded pretty good.

well if you want satellites ask for satellites...the speakers listed are decently small for bookshelves. there are plenty of larger ones.

you should have kept the rc-micros :)

Check out the JBL Control 1. Fantastic for their size, nice soundstage but will pretty much need a sub with them.

You'll want high sensitivity & impedance with that amp. For reference, your Energy RCs were rated at 88dB/2.83V & 8 ohms.

The P162 has slightly higher sensitivity but drops below 6 ohms. Might work okay, especially if you don't crank it.

Behringer rates the 2030p at 89dB & 8 ohms. If the specs are honest, they'll work well.

The Intimus 4Bs are also rated at 8 ohms, but they have low sensitivity of 84dB. Again, they should work okay for quieter listening.

JBL Control 1 runs 4 ohms. Stay away.

My favorite small/cheap speaker, the PSB Alpha B1, is also too low in impedance.

JBL Control 1 runs 4 ohms. Stay away.

No they're not. The 'Pro' versions are, but standard aren't.

http://uk.jbl.com/jbl-product-detail-uk/control-one.html

Type 2-Way Satellite Speaker
Low-Frequency Transducer 4" (100mm) Magnetically shielded
High-Frequency Transducer 1/2"" (12mm) Titanium-laminate, magnetically shielded
Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power 100 W
Frequency Response 80Hz – 20kHz
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @1m) 89 dB

I didn't get rid of the Energy Micro's, just used them on my HT

ah, good :)

if you weren't limited to $200, I'd recommend getting the RC-10s for $300/pr since vanns.com somehow got them back in stock :D

Great responses guys. Thanks a lot. Wish we had a rep system here. You'd all be getting greens!

Back