Small annoying change with my "My Computer"

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Bfore, there used to be headings for each group of drives. Like my C and D would be under like hard drives. And my E and E would be under optical drives. And then there were my two "My Document" folders a the bottom. Now those headings are gone. I liked them, so how do I get them back?

Go to My Computer, choose the View menu and go down to choose details. In the screen that comes up, Type should have a tick next to it. If that is ticked, maybe a folder option has been changed.

4keatimj said:
Go to My Computer, choose the View menu and go down to choose details. In the screen that comes up, Type should have a tick next to it. If that is ticked, maybe a folder option has been changed.

It was already ticked. I tried to untick and tick again but that didn't help.

"Group similar items" or "group similar devices" or Group Similar something or other comes to mind.

Ahh, View->Arrange Icons By -> Show in Groups

my computer -->view-->details....should work unless you changed the regitry key or implemented group policy....

could also be that you changed "remember each folders view settings" also in folder options > view

Bullitt said:
"Group similar items" or "group similar devices" or Group Similar something or other comes to mind.

Ahh, View->Arrange Icons By -> Show in Groups

Thats what you're looking for.

Back