SM 846 chassis, 8pin power connector too short

m1abram

2[H]4U
Not sure which forum to post this in, the Case forum is more for the desktop folks, figured this one would have more people familial with this case.

Anyhow, assembling a Supermrice SC846A-R1200B chassis with a Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F motherboard. One issue though, one of the 8pin power connectors is about half and inch too short to reach the closest motherboard socket!

Has anyone else noticed this? I did notice that the motherboard actually sits more to the left of the case, it does not use the mounts closet to the power supply but actually had to install the mounts one set of holes over. If i could mount it in the "stock" mounting holes the cable might reach, however the backplate would not line up at all.

So how should I handle this? I would rather not ship it back just for the cable and chances are everyone is like this. Could I use an extension on the 8pin cable?

Thanks

Don't see why not. One of my power supplies (a modular one) came with an 8 inch or so extender.

Yep just read the manual for the chassis again. And it even says some motherboards may need extension on the power cables. Guess I will be ordering an extension.

Back