SLR-Like Camera?

Revolution

n00b
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
14
Recently I've been looking to replace my Nikon Coolpix point and shoot with something a little better and more advanced. There are quite a few SLR-like cameras popping up around the market, which seem to offer some of the more advanced options of true SLR cameras but without the hassle of interchangable lenses or the mammoth price.
Ideally I'd like it to be fairly cheap, preferably under $500 AUD. It should be a big-zoom style lens, with shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc all adjustable.
One which has caught my eye is the Fujifilm Finepix S5600 (S5200 in America I believe), which looks like a pretty good camera for only about $350 AUD, any opinions on it or recommendations on something better?
 
I've recently purchased the Canon S3 IS. This camera has so many features I'm going to be learning for months. In auto mode the picture quality is great.
 
Unfortunately the S3 IS tends to be alittle out of my pricerange, with Australian prices around the $600-650 range.
I've been looking more at the Fujifilm S6500fd, which I might be able to afford at a stretch, which offers many of the features that the 5600 lacks, such as manual zoom and focus rings on the barrel, ISO up to 3200 (probably not really usable though, but its nice to know its there seeing as how I do a bit of night time photography) and the higher 6.3mpx sensor.
 
I just got the s6000fd and love it! The sensor is great, and having the manul zoom/focus and being able to shoot in RAW makes it an awesome camera for the price.
 
Back
Top