slowly decreasing performance

Ubermouser

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Messages
255
My computer's performance was top of the line around December when I bought it, but now it seems to be losing performance.

In stead of getting 22K in 3dMark, I can only get 21K, or in Aquamark, instead of getting 49K, I can only get 47K.
Individual 3dMark scores show that the processor's performance has gone down the most, around 2%. Graphics card remains stable, but is still lower than it was.

Is there any cure for this? Its truly bugging me, since I havent even done the voltage mods I was planning on doing yet.

Ic7Max3
PC3500 Mushkin Black Bh5 lvl 2
P4 2.6C at 3.25 *can go up to 3.6, but needs better PSU*
Radeon 9800xt
2X raid Raptors
Sound voyetra
500W aspire psu
 
Personally I think this is a Windows Feature to make people upgrade. =)

Anyways.

When was the last time you checked for virus's/spyware. Have you checked to see how much crap is being loaded on boot?

If all else fails. Format chances are that will solve the problem.
 
lol, @ Matoch

I defrag every 12 hours, only takes a couple seconds anyways.

Format? aka erase the drive and write zeros in its place? January 1st.

And nothing extra has been loaded on boot *that I know how to find* besides MBM5, Omega Toolbar, Norton Antivirus, and Voyetra sound app.

Everything else is either run by windows or a driver app.
 
Originally posted by Ubermouser
lol, @ Matoch

I defrag every 12 hours, only takes a couple seconds anyways.

Format? aka erase the drive and write zeros in its place? January 1st.

And nothing extra has been loaded on boot *that I know how to find* besides MBM5, Omega Toolbar, Norton Antivirus, and Voyetra sound app.

Everything else is either run by windows or a driver app.


err...defragging defiantly doesnt take a couple of seconds, no matter what your drives

check the services panel, see whats there that you dont need. run msconfig, see what is REALLY starting up. and do ad-aware and spybot search and destroy on your comp to make sure any crap that may be there is gone
 
Originally posted by kronchev
err...defragging defiantly doesnt take a couple of seconds, no matter what your drives

check the services panel, see whats there that you dont need. run msconfig, see what is REALLY starting up. and do ad-aware and spybot search and destroy on your comp to make sure any crap that may be there is gone

takes me 2 minutes. But then again I defrag twice a week and have only like 9gigs of info used on an 80gig hd. Is there a way I can uncompress my files so they can load faster???
 
Back
Top