• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Slowest working gfx cards

aces170

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
299
Ok so we have all those I took a plurge thread. Which according to you is the slowest working card on a 2.4 ghz with 512 mb ram comp.
I have tried a geforce 2 MX with Farcry at 640*480 all down, but playable at 20 fps....
Geforce 2 series if I remember is 3 years old, so you cannot say gfx cards die completely. But I feel playing at 800*600 medium settings ( The game yet looks beautiful at medium settings) a Radeon 8500 or GF3 also does the trick on Farcry.

Anybody has tried a Geforce DDR with farcry please post as that should be the last card supported by the game.

Also just a side worst gfx card would be a Sis 6326 as it stutters while playing a divx movie, and I dont think anything would beat that...
 
Right now, until I get my next card, I'm using a Radeon 7000. A little step down from my 9800xt I sold so I can upgrade to a x800xt or 6800gt. I scored a 57 on 3d03. Played Joint Operations at 5 fps!
 
I have a geforce riva tnt2 or something like that with 16mb of SD[?]RAM. i can't play warcraft 3 for more then 10 minutes without getting a major headache.
 
I think I still have a monochrome 8-bit ISA card around here somewhere. Worked last time I used it... 1997 I think. I've also got a #9 GXE64 2MB VLB card. S3 864 chip I think. It worked until the PSU in the 486 it's in died a couple years ago. Probably still works too.
The crappiest thing I have that I know works is the 4MB S3 Trio PCI card I've got in this old P200 I use to play old DOS games on once in a blue moon. I'f we're only talking about "3D Accellerated" graphics cards, I've got a 4MB Riva 128 AGP card in my server.
 
i remember the days when a GF2 GTS used to be the greatest thing on the market, wow. now it costs 15-20$.
 
rhoel said:
Right now, until I get my next card, I'm using a Radeon 7000. A little step down from my 9800xt I sold so I can upgrade to a x800xt or 6800gt. I scored a 57 on 3d03. Played Joint Operations at 5 fps!

lol i'm right where you are. been using a radeon 7000 for bout 3/2 months now, until i can get either a x800xt for cheap or a 6800gt. my best 3dmark03 is around ~100 too :p
 
I had a trident blade 3d card back in the day. It is definatley the slowest card ever.

a geforce 2 would run Doom 3 highest settings at 1600X1200 with 4XAA faster then this trident would run quake 3 at lowest settings at 320X240.
 
So looks like gf2 mx is the bottom card rt now...
Well thats good cause the card cost around 10$ 2nd hand
 
I've got a GF2MX200 PCI in my rig to run my 3rd screen. I suppose I could set it as primary and try Far Cry on it. Sounds kinda scary though...
 
Nah the Gf2 mx is memory bottlenecked and with the PCI interface will not be able to handle, you can try all the same no harm in that and post the results..
 
Back
Top