Slow vista install

losboricua

n00b
I had to reinstall Vista twice(messing up reg files) since my last computer hardware upgrade and i notice that it takes forever to get the it started to pop the main setup menu and takes longer to install than my old s939 set up. how can that be?? i went from 1 gig of ram to 4 gigs, from a 4200 to a 5000 BE, better video etc.. Once Vista is loaded it work great. Any ideas?

I tried to install x86 w/4gb ram and after it loaded files and went to the 'vista loading' screen (with the moving green bar) I got a blue screen. I immediately knew it was the 4gb of ram because of issues. I pulled the ram out and it installed fine.

Later I decided to install x64 because I was not happy with not showing all my ram, so I put in x64 disk, another blue screen during the green bar. I pulled out the ram and it installed fine.

Point is, Vista installation doesn't like 4gb of ram, at least in my situation. Just leave in 2 while you install then put the rest in after you get it running. (btw I had to download the 4gb ram fix to get it to boot into x64 w/4gb ram after I installed os. X86 booted fine w/o it after install).

If that is an Nvidia chipset board (especially), pull 2 GB of the memory and try to install again, if needed. The discs with SP1 integrated will solve this problem.

now i install it fine but i get a blue screen everytime i try to install the nvidia chipset drivers. i had the latest from biostart and then i try the lastest from nvidia itself and it gives me the royal.sys blue screen and i have to restore back to before that . and the reason why it bothers me soo much is that i can't get the SM bus controller install because everytime i get the chipset install and reboot i get the blue screen. anyone got a fix?

Back