Slow upload speeds to server

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
Whenever I try to upload files to my server from my laptop, I get very slow upload speeds. My laptop is directly connected to the server through a crossover cable at 1.0Gbs. However whenever I transfer files from the server over to my laptop I get good gigabit speeds, usually at 20Mb/s. The upload speeds cap out at 1.3Mb/s. My laptop is Windows XP Pro with SP3 and the server is Windows 2008 SP2.

Any ideas?

I just tried changing the Link speed and duplex mode in device manager and no success. Try putting it in gigabit mode manually and still uploads at 1.3Mb/s. When I stick it in 100Mb/s Full Duplex mode, it uploads at 256Kb/s.

Haha yeah I know, its actually straight through, just being used a cross over for now. I am at my parents house for a couple weeks and need to do work on this server, so I am just directly connected my laptop into it for the three weeks.

what brand of nic is in this server? if it is a broadcom try turning OFF flowcontrol.
that was the problem i had with mine and transfers went from 2mb/sec to 60-90mb/sec

Alright I will try that. Going out of town for a couple days so wont get to it until the end of the week. Where is the flow control setting found? In device manager?

Untitled-83.png

Just checked it, and Flow Control has been disabled all this time. Now that I think of it, I don't think my desktop had any slow upload speeds, I think its just my laptop. Hmmmm.....

Back