slow speeds on lan ?

my ISP has a router to distrubute intenet to various clients.one of my friend who is on the same router as i am on has setup a webpage his address http://10.0.6.42 (internal ip) my ip is 10.0.70.31 then i should get lan speeds from his webpage.but i get only 20 kbps download speeds from his webpage.when i ping him i get 1ms pings.what is the problem.

sachintendulkar said:
i think it's cable.but is thier any software tht can give us lan speeds

If you are both going over a cable connection then that's what you're limited to. Unless you're on the same physical local network (like a router, switch, hub which are 10 MBit or 100 MBit), you'll be getting your normal speeds.

here the internet is distrubuted from one router yo many other switches and hubs.before some time we use to get lan speeds but not now.

sachintendulkar said:
here the internet is distrubuted from one router yo many other switches and hubs.before some time we use to get lan speeds but not now.

that's what you are capped at, get over it.

Duplex mismatch somewhere? I dunno what you mean by the same router...perhaps you're in the same building or something? :confused:

one more thing i noticed i do not get any ip conflicts meaning before some days when i use to change my ip to something in my network which i was able to ping i would get a ip conflict straight away.now i do not get that all of us have internal ip's assigned by our ISP.
how is that possible considering we are all on lan.

Back