• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Slow res changes R9 290 / VB278Q

Alex Kron

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
48
Hi folks,

Yesterday I plugged my new R9 290 with my new Asus PB278Q. Everything is wonderfull and all excepts for a weird behavior I have never seen before.

When starting a game, the resolution changes (whatever the resolution)... but it freeze the system for around 15-30 seconds. (30 sec for watch dogs and 15-20 in titanfall).

Anyone knows what's going on ? Anyone saw that before ?


The card is the ASUS R9 290 OC II.
Latest catalyst BETA drivers (will try non beta tonight).
 
I had a similar issue with 2 290x crossfired where it would freak out when changing res. I think this was more of a crossfire thing for me as there is a setting in the control panel to allow crossfire for apps without profiles that turning off seamed to fix the issue.
 
Back
Top