• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLK-947U vs SP-97

Xeon22

Bad Trader
Joined
Jan 28, 2003
Messages
1,163
Hi,

I just ordered the 947 not really knowing about the SP-97. What I'm wondering is if there's very much difference between the performance. The 947U is a darn good hsf, but that SP-97 looks like a mean beast..but is it really worth cancelling my order and buying that instead? It is a liittle more, so if it aint going to make much difference, I'd rather not buy it.
 
I'd say the three heatpipes are good for a few degrees difference. I wouldn't cancel my order.
 
i'd cancel , why not hve the best if you're spending your money? and you want regret doing it later down the road when its too late to change your mind
 
Originally posted by bobmanfoo
i'd cancel , why not hve the best if you're spending your money? and you want regret doing it later down the road when its too late to change your mind
i agree, if u want the best of the best, then might as well get the sp97
 
I'd keep the SLK-947U mainly because of the P4 compatibility in case I need it in the future... but that's just me.
 
I wouldn't worrie about changing your order...

Overclockers HSF rankings ----> LINK

Overclockers HSF Reviews ----> LINK

Dont forget that some reviews use different fans !

Personally I think the HeatPipe thing is a bit of a gimick!
 
Back
Top