• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLK-947U, clip or bolt?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
1,576
I'm mounting this HS on an I875P P4 MB and would like to know which method is better. The clip method is how my present HS is mounted, but the bolt method seems like it gives the HS more support. Any suggestions as to which one is better? Thank you.
 
I have the SP-94 and the bolt method is much better and a lot safer. The Heatsinks are so heavy that i would not trust the normal clip way of doing it. However using the bolt method is safer and better, it is hella harder to put on. You have to take out your motherboard and then attach it in hopes that something won't go wrong.
Over all the bolt way is easy, except for taking out the motherboard, and is much safer.
 
Well, it's a new MB, so it'll already be out of the case. I printed both directions out from Thermalright, but it sounds like the bolt method is the way to go.
 
These things are so heavy. I bought a SP-94 on the forum here and when it came in I was supprised to feel how heavy it was. I dont feel comfortable putting it on my tower, bolt or clip so I'm just giving it to my wife's project. Her motherboard will be horizontal. Hopefully it wont tear up the mobo and/or proc that way.
 
the thermalright 947u is very heavy!?
I have a MB asus P4P800 and i'm thinking on buying it.
 
OK, it's a little heavy, but not as heavy as Swiftech's latest creation. Anyway, I heard it works very well with a 92mm fan by Panaflo.
 
Back
Top