• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLK-900A + Ceramique = Cool

[H]ea\/y B

[H]ard Canadian Bastard
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,213
Just installed a SLK-900A with AS Ceramique. Slapped a 92mm Tornado to the top and watched my temps drop.

I changed to the 900A from a Swiftech 462+ (I think that's the model) and kept the same fan. At 7v my idle temp is 30c now, before it was 41-42. At load I can hardly break 40C now.

I know 11C is a HUGE drop, so I am taking into account that the Swifty may not have been mounted correctly. But over all I would recomend this combo to anyone looking to keep there processors happy.
 
those are sweet temps
how quiet is the tornado on ur set-up now?
 
Heh, I've turned down the L1A's in my box to the point that there is no audible difference between on and off. I couldn't survive with a tornado in my room. The loudest thing by far is the 9600 fan (to be replaced when my 9800 pro w/ water block when my rma comes in)

Yes, you'll get really sweet temps with the 900a and the tornado, but even at 7v, my ears would bleed.
 
Nice temps..

Now apply WPCREDIT tweak and watch your IDLE temps drop by another 10C;) :)

Idle temps with my sp and 2.5ghz barton are 18c with the tweak. load temps are 39C
 
The Tornado at 7V isn't that bad. I mean it's not whisper quiet. But it's not that montsterous sound of "I'm going to eat your children!!!" either.
 
Back
Top