Slipstreaming Media Player 11 and IE7 into my XP install

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
At work here, I install XP over the network. I have an image of the disc on my server instead on a physical disk, but it's the same procedures as a CD when slipstreaming an install. This is a volume license, so yes, this is legal. :)

I need to get Internet Explorer 7 and Media Player 11 put into this installation. There's two ways to do this: I can actually slipstream the program into Windows XP (if it supports this), or I script a post-Windows installation using RunOnceEX.

The problem? Both these programs validate themselves over the internet when installing. So how do I make the installation unattended if the validation require user interaction? Can the installer be made to validate without user interaction using a switch?
(Oh yeah, bypassing validation would also work, and I wouldn't feel guilty since my $50,000 corporate license is most definitely "valid". ;))

Any help is appreciated.

InorganicMatter said:
At work here, I install XP over the network. I have an image of the disc on my server instead on a physical disk, but it's the same procedures as a CD when slipstreaming an install. This is a volume license, so yes, this is legal. :)

I need to get Internet Explorer 7 and Media Player 11 put into this installation. There's two ways to do this: I can actually slipstream the program into Windows XP (if it supports this), or I script a post-Windows installation using RunOnceEX.

The problem? Both these programs validate themselves over the internet when installing. So how do I make the installation unattended if the validation require user interaction? Can the installer be made to validate without user interaction using a switch?
(Oh yeah, bypassing validation would also work, and I wouldn't feel guilty since my $50,000 corporate license is most definitely "valid". ;))

Any help is appreciated.

With a $50K user license, I bet you could ask microsoft this question if we can't help you here.

I havent done it yet, but id check at RyanVM.net ...actually RyanVM is a member here I think. Check out boooggy over at RyanVM.net. I know he had a WMP11 add-on. IE7 im not sure about though. I havent updated my disc yet. Good luck, and pm me if you find out anything please. Got a very busy holiday or id try to help out more. Take care!

Back