• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Slipstreaming drivers: Is there an alternative?

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
1,308
I don't know about you guys, but it seems to be a little ridiculous that in this age, I have to find a floppy disc drive to do an XP install, then find a PC with another floppy drive (if it's not USB) to stick the drivers onto.


I'm at my apartment and I am trying to get a new PC that I had built going. As it happens, I only have a spare shrink-wrapped OEM XP SP1 copy which I'd earmarked for this machine. I didn't consider the SATA driver issues at all. Now I'm fiddling around on the laptop to burn a slipstreamed CD, I'm thinking surely there must be a better way? I probably wouldn't need or want to do this again as I've tired a little of putting together my own PC's and the unnecessary hassle that causes, but it'd be good to know what other options are available.
 
Actually I'm having far more problems with this than I thought. I realised after creating a CD that I don't have any software to burn a bootable CD. Is there a quick fix for the above scenario (XP OEM SP1a CD, downloaded drivers, no floppy)?
 
Back
Top