• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Slipstreaming drivers into a WinXP Install CD

loft

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
258
So, I tried to do this manually but I am having trouble...

I just ordered an Asus A8N-SLI and I want to slipstream the sata raid drivers into the installation so that I don't have to use a floppy to install them. For some reason, I just can't seem to get it working correctly.

Are there any apps that you guys can suggest for me to use to get this completed and working correctly?

I don't want to use SP2 to get just the SATA drivers, so I have to use this method.

Thanks for reading.
 
I'm not sure how you've been doing it, but nLite is what you want. Not sure why you don't want SP2, but make sure you add that as well.
 
Another vote for nlite. Slipstream the drivers, SP2, and tweak the install to your liking.
 
Well, slipstreaming the drivers didn't work. I'm trying to install xp on an asus a8n-sli running raid 0.

Which drivers do you suggest I use? X.66 don't seem to work and I'm fairly new to all of this.

*sigh*
 
We (meaning those of us that have used it) are trying to tell you nLite is the answer to your prayers.

Go check it out, read the docs, read the forums. You'll see what we're talking about.

bb
 
br0adband said:
We (meaning those of us that have used it) are trying to tell you nLite is the answer to your prayers.

Go check it out, read the docs, read the forums. You'll see what we're talking about.

bb

I ended up using nLite for my slipstreaming. For some reason, I can get all the way through the setup in text mode and gui mode, and then I get the infamous BSOD.

I don't know exactly which drivers to use, and when I search google for an answer I find sites with such broken english... it's really quite frustrating.
 
It might be the Computer Gods hinting to you to ditch the RAID0 setup.
 
Never! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy my first floppy drive in like... Ages...

Do you guys have any suggestions for getting this to work? It goes through the whole install and then bsod's at startup, similar to if I changed the hardware.
 
Bashrat's driver pack on MSFN forums.

Look for that, manually putting drivers in is a pain in the ass...especially when someone else has all ready done every bit of the work for you.
 
Well I've read that the floppy usually doesn't work so I figured I would jump right in to the next step...

What about flashing the bios? I've read on a couple different sites that it could help.
 
Sure enough, I went and bought a floppy drive and tried the simple method... and it didn't work.

It gave me some random error in one of the files. So I tried again with a different, brand new disk. Same thing. ARGH!

I'm about to give up on nvidia.
 
Back
Top