Slipstream Office and other programs into Windows 7

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I know you can slipstream the office service pack into the Office install but is it possible to slipstream office itself into a Windows 7 installation and have it install all at once? I would also like to slipstream other programs that can self install like Avast and other programs. Is there an easy way to do this? I search online briefly and did not find much or a good way to do it.

MSFN.org is a great resource for unattended setups. There are all kinds of ways to do it for different versions of office and windows.

If my memory serves me right, it can't be directly slipstreamed into a windows install, but there is a windows unattended setup file that will run a batch file in which you can include the silent office install.

MSFN.org is a great resource for unattended setups. There are all kinds of ways to do it for different versions of office and windows.

If my memory serves me right, it can't be directly slipstreamed into a windows install, but there is a windows unattended setup file that will run a batch file in which you can include the silent office install.

The batch file runs during the Windows installation process?

I looked into that for a while, but there were some issues that to me, for my purposes, made the exercise seem not worth the time.

I do maybe 1-2 Win 7 installs a year. I used to do more with XP, but Win 7 seems much more stable. Second, unlike Win XP, Win 7 should not be tweaked too much by subtracting components, etc., at least according to everything I've read.

So, there is a lot of time necessary to get up the learning curve and then do the integrations.

If I'm doing only 1-2 such installs a year, then there will lots and lots of patches issued since I did my build. Possibly even a service pack or two.

It just seemed easier to keep a separate Win 7 disk, updated with SPs, and a separate Office 2010 disk, and then let Windows update run (overnight?)

Just my two (US/ Euro ) cents here.

Back