hshot_rooke
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2014
- Messages
- 42
Hi folks
My friend recently installed a second SSD in his Macbook Pro in the DVD drive location. He had no use for the slimline optical drive, so he gave it to me for my M-ITX machine.
The drive worked perfectly on his Macbook Pro. I've hooked it up to my Win 7 x64 machine now. It is recognized in the BIOS and appears in Device Manager.
The issue is that it just doesn't want to "suck in" or "load" the DVD or CD disc. It looks like there is no power to the drive, but again, I can see it in the BIOS as well as Device Manager under Windows. Also, I can't see it in "My Computer".
Does anyone know if I need a driver of some sort? I thought the optical drive would AT LEAST accept the disc, but there does not seem to be any mechanical operation at all. Even when I push the disc all the way in, the spring just pops it out. There is no mechanical operation at all.
DVDRW Model: LG HT-DT-ST GS31N (from Macbook Pro Late 2011?)
Mobo: ASUS z97i-PLUS
OS: Win 7 x64
CPU: 4770k
RAM: Patriot Viper 16gb
My friend recently installed a second SSD in his Macbook Pro in the DVD drive location. He had no use for the slimline optical drive, so he gave it to me for my M-ITX machine.
The drive worked perfectly on his Macbook Pro. I've hooked it up to my Win 7 x64 machine now. It is recognized in the BIOS and appears in Device Manager.
The issue is that it just doesn't want to "suck in" or "load" the DVD or CD disc. It looks like there is no power to the drive, but again, I can see it in the BIOS as well as Device Manager under Windows. Also, I can't see it in "My Computer".
Does anyone know if I need a driver of some sort? I thought the optical drive would AT LEAST accept the disc, but there does not seem to be any mechanical operation at all. Even when I push the disc all the way in, the spring just pops it out. There is no mechanical operation at all.
DVDRW Model: LG HT-DT-ST GS31N (from Macbook Pro Late 2011?)
Mobo: ASUS z97i-PLUS
OS: Win 7 x64
CPU: 4770k
RAM: Patriot Viper 16gb