Slim Editing Computer?

trewyn15

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
274
Hello all, i'm looking for something slim (similar to a unibody macbook) to use for editing photos and some video.

Basically I would like something that will fit well into my DSLR camera/laptop backpack and not be too heavy.

I would like something with an i3 and 4GB+ of RAM... but my next dilemma is that I'd like to stay under or around $200.

This is the used price, I don't plan to buy new obviously.

Any thoughts for something I can get like this without going to a netbook?
 
Slim, cheap, powerful... pick any two.

Even used, I think you're asking for too much.

If you're looking for something to edit videos, you're better off with a Core i5 with Hyper Threading, which raises the price of your laptop at least an additional $50, new or used.

The prices of DDR3 RAM have increased to the point that you're paying about $30 to $40, if not more, for a 4GB SODIMM. If you don't have 8GB of RAM in your laptop, you'll want it.

You naturally pay a price premium for a "slim" laptop with features and specs comparable to a more mainstream model.
 
I think I may have mislead a bit with my original post.

I want something that is a slimmer computer, but doesn't mean it has to be advertised as a slim computer... Like I said, Macbook pro would be fine, it doesn't need to be a macbook air or a zenbook or similar.

Currently I edit with my EliteBook, which is a i5, 4GB RAM and it's plenty for 1080p video.

This next computer will be mainly photo editing (photoshop, lightroom), which is why an i3 or even lesser would probably suffice.

So really what I'm looking for is a laptop that is naturally smaller and has a processor in the i3 power range.
 
How large do you want the screen to be? 15 inches? 14? 13? 11?

Do you have a particular brand in mind? Dell? Toshiba? Asus? Levnovo?

Do you really want a(n) ultrabook/Macbook Air style?
 
I actually purchased a different computer, not exactly the route I wanted to go but I think it'll be kind of fun.

I got a Toshiba M780, 12.1" screen, i3 2.13GHz, I have 8GB RAM on the way along with a 500GB HDD.
 
I just bought a mid 2009 MB Pro 13" with 2.26 core 2 duo, 8gb ram, new battery for about $400. eBay is a friend! :)
 
Back
Top