Slightly Annoying Static on Sound Blaster E1, is this expected?

FM 3370

Gawd
I've been using my Sennheiser 598cs headphones a lot more now connected to a Soundblaster E1 and I notice low level static and other "electronic" sounds coming through it. I also have Klipsch Promedia 2.1's plugged into the same E1 yet the static is less noticeable. Is this static something that I should expect with the E1? If so what can I upgrade to that will give me no static at any volume? I've had this E1 for about 4 years and for some reason this issue is just now bothering me.

Try unplugging the Klipsch and see if the static is gone. If not, your power supply might be on its way out. The unclean power is often the first sign of a total failure.

Try unplugging the Klipsch and see if the static is gone. If not, your power supply might be on its way out. The unclean power is often the first sign of a total failure.

I unplugged the Klipsch and plugged or unplugged had no change in behavior. The E1 has a battery and when I unplugged the USB connection the E1 powered off so the battery is out. Maybe this is on it's way out and time for something different. I liked the E1 when first bought it and felt that eventually I would get an E5. Anything you could recommend as a replacement or upgrade for the E1? Thanks.

Back