Slight problem with Windows 7

bmoney9

Limp Gawd
I installed Windows 7 professional the 64 bit version earlier today. The slight problem that i have is when I put the computer to sleep it shows me this blue screen with a bunch of writing on it right before it goes to sleep or shuts off.

I installed Windows 7 by choosing custom install and then installing over my Windows XP professional 64 bit. Any ideas of whats wrong?

I did use the my college email to purchase Windows 7 for 30$.

Any help? Thanks

Did you ever have problems with the computer you installed it on with the previous OS, or is it a new build?

Also, did you run Windows Update, then hit optional and download the drivers that were listed there?

Check for a BIOS update. Sleep problems are common with out of dates BIOS's.

Also how did you do that install? I thought that you couldn't install over XP with 7 even with an upgrade version. At any rate clean installs are the preferred method for most people including myself.

I never had any problems on the previous OS.

And yes I did run the windows update. Not sure what was installed or whatever. Is there a way to check again and see if all of it got downloaded and installed?

I would do a clean install but I don't have the cd that goes with it yet. I did order it though for the extra 13$ or whatever it was

Also how did you do that install? I thought that you couldn't install over XP with 7 even with an upgrade version. At any rate clean installs are the preferred method for most people including myself.

do this then come back

I never had any problems on the previous OS.

And yes I did run the windows update. Not sure what was installed or whatever. Is there a way to check again and see if all of it got downloaded and installed?
Yeah, just run Windows Update again and check the optional tab to see what's there. It doesn't download them by default so if you just ran it and pressed install then you missed them.

do this then come back

I prefer clean install, I just don't have the bootable disk, but hey for 30$ for an OS. Ill pay it haha.

How do I check my BIOS and update it? I have never done that. I'm pretty sure its easy. I have just never had to before

find out what motherboard you have and what model
lookup on the manufacturer site

or use maybe some update software that came on your motherboard cd ?

i have asus p5Q pro so its pretty striaght forward

find out what motherboard you have and what model
lookup on the manufacturer site

or use maybe some update software that came on your motherboard cd ?

i have asus p5Q pro so its pretty striaght forward

Ok Sounds good. I think I fixed the problem though. With the Windows 7 updates stuff. Been trying to have the problem act up and hasn't yet. I Understand what you mean about the bios stuff now. Thanks man

Ok the problem is still here. I was browsing [H] forums and instantly my computer gave me the Blue screen with the writing on it. So i went to Gigabytes bios area and dl the latest one. I go to flash it and says its not compatible with my 64 bit version of windows.

Should I do a format and reinstall of windows 7? But first i would need a bootable USB because I don't have a dvd burner to burn the ISO, also I am not sure how to make an ISO

OR should I keep looking for solutions to solve the problem? Any help is appreciative

On the blue screen it says something about dumping physical memory then shuts off. Don't know if this is of any help,

can you boot to a usb thumb drive

what i mean is can you boot and update the bios without entering windows
you could just put the bios file on the usb drive and update it there
that would be probably the best way
or use a floppy drive

Ok i just flashed my bios to the newest update. hopefully everything is fixed now. i used this @bios program and it did evrything for me. even backed up my old bios. hopefully everything works perfectly now :)

Back