• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Slight mid-build and migration off Custom Loop Cooling

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
20,694
I have a pretty nice Corsair custom loop set (military discounts helped out!) I like the setup but just thinking it might be overkill for my setup (ryzen 7 7800x3d + strix 3090ti) and I am looking to start doing some minor updates to my build that will set me up to snag a 5080. So far I was thinking of swaping into these items:

Case: Corsair 3500x
PSU: Corsair RM1000x Shift
Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE Link Titan 360 RX RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
New Fans: CORSAIR iCUE Link RX120 RGB 120mm PWM Fans

What would be nice is with the new iCUE setup its less cable and throw back on the air cooler on the Strix 3090ti.


Just wanted some thoughts on this.
 
Personally I avoid anything that involves iCUE. Awful software that caused massive stability issues for me.
 
I would also not recommend anything at all whatsoever that absolutely requires any manufacturer’s proprietary software just to control the RGB lighting because without it you’ll be stuck with the sometimes annoying lights permanently on and which no third-party software at all can control. Instead, I’d recommend a build with absolutely no RGB lighting whatsoever.

Unfortunately, with most current AIO coolers you would need to replace fans with aftermarket ones just to turn off the RGB lighting.
 
And that is not to mention that iCUE is one of the most unstable pieces of you-know-what according to many users here at the [H], crashing or locking up the PC constantly.

Worse, that software is absolutely required in order to control anything RGB that's from Corsair. I made the mistake of buying Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR5 RAM for both of my current builds, only to find out that the RGB LEDs could not be turned off at all without iCUE because the RGB LEDs are not compatible at all with the motherboard's RGB controller - and then, there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to have the LEDs automatically turn off when either PC goes into Sleep mode without having iCUE running in the background! The RGB LEDs on the RAM remain lit in Sleep mode just because power is still being supplied to the DIMM slots. And once i go into Hardware mode to turn off the LEDs, and I then uninstall iCUE, then the LEDs will not light up at all even when the computer is fully on until I reinstall iCUE!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top