• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLI with two different cards?

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
7,288
No this is not a discovery, lol but I was just wondering if you could because I`ve never heard of it before. I was wondering why you cant and do you think they will make this happen... Example... A 6800 ultra in one slot and a oh i dont know maybe a 6800 nu or what have you just for an extra boost... It may not seem like a lot of sense but it might be better than just having two 6600 gt`s right?
 
well...if u want that, then go ATI since I "think" they will support it in thier crossfire thingy...
 
Eshelmen said:
No this is not a discovery, lol but I was just wondering if you could because I`ve never heard of it before. I was wondering why you cant and do you think they will make this happen... Example... A 6800 ultra in one slot and a oh i dont know maybe a 6800 nu or what have you just for an extra boost... It may not seem like a lot of sense but it might be better than just having two 6600 gt`s right?

This does not work, not even close it even with SLI.

Crossfire will support something very similair though. Say you have a X850XT that means you can buy the X850 XT PE Crossfire card and they will work together.

Or say you have an X800 Pro right now then you can buy a X800XL Crossfire card and they will work together.

Right now SLI even has problems mixing cards of the same type from different manufactorers.Though this is supposed to be fixed soon, they will not even get close to what you are asking about though till they revise it at a hardware level.
 
Back
Top