SLI VGA Cooling

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for an after market cooler for a GTX 275 that will work in SLI. The thermalright HR-03 GTX looks like a sexy cooler but I am afraid it wont work in an SLI setup after seeing pictures and reading articles on it. The new Zalman VF1000 won't work in SLI after I read about that one. I think the Zalman VF900 looks like it could work in SLI. Anybody cooling a GTX 200 series in SLI with something similar?

One thing to note that I want to overclock.

Oh I will be putting this into an Antec 1200 Case if that helps anybody also.

it will work.. all you do is flip it on the top one.. so the heatsink is above the card with the fan on top of that.. then put the bottom one on like normal.. or you can run the thermalright on top and a smaller heatsink on the bottom card..

Yeah I've seen the reverse configuration of that heatsink but I was looking for pictures of some in an SLI system.

with the gtx the only thing i see that might be a problem is the VRM heatsinks on the back.. but i still think it would clear them..

Ahhh thanks dude looks like my new case will have plenty of room for that. Although I do noticed that one of them is hanging over a memory slot on that board.

Also I am looking at putting these into an asus p6t deluxe. I noticed that the heatsink on this board is kind of high next to that pci express slot. You think the thermalright would hit it in reverse config?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813131365

looks like it should fit fine.. the pci-e slots low enough.. and there should be enough of a gap between the heatsink and the end of the card because it will be backwards.. so if you look at this picture..

http://www.ocia.net/fullsize.php?filename=370_15.jpg

see the gap between the top of the heatsink and the bottom of the card.. that would be the same exact gap on the reverse side.. and there should be enough room between the heatsink and the memory slots to not interfere..

Back