SLI rig only loads 1 GPU

Hey,

I'm having a little trouble testing out my new SLI rig.

Specs:
q6600 B3 @ 3.0ghz
p7n diamond motherboard
MSI 8800GTS 512 OC x2
Corsair 800 DDR2 4-4-4-12
Corsair TX750 PSU

I have the latest drivers intalled, and I have SLI enabled within those drivers, but I still am having some issues.

When I load up FurMark to test the temps on them it only identifies and stresses one GPU. The other one sits idle and it's temp does not change.

3dmark06 also only recognizes 1 gpu.

I had some issues with rivaTuner as well where the first option would increase only one of the cards fanspeeds, but the lower options would increase both cards fan speeds at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Question 1: What OS are you using?
Question 2: What slots are you using for the graphics cards (all blue? one blue / one white?)
Question 3: What BIOS version are you using?
Question 4: Are you using the SLI bridges?

Thanks

from the lack of replies I'm guessing he figured it out and was something so stupid he didn't want to admit it. Either that or he let all the magic smoke out of his computer and now can't post on the internet.

my question was does the mobo support SLI... I was under the impression SLI = nvidia boards.

my question was does the mobo support SLI... I was under the impression SLI = nvidia boards.

It's an Nvidia chipset. 780i SLI. It's a non-reference design though. This board has a SLI aperture size option in the BIOS (I had once briefly -- did not like it) that must be set (I think?) for SLI to work though.

I had to reinstall Vista once to get SLI working, too. Frustrating.

Furmark seems to simply not use SLI. I am running a tripple SLI setup just fine, and no matter if I use 2x SLI or 3x SLI, it always shows 1 used GPU.

What about other games? Especially Crysis should get a decent boost.

Furmark seems to simply not use SLI. I am running a tripple SLI setup just fine, and no matter if I use 2x SLI or 3x SLI, it always shows 1 used GPU.

What about other games? Especially Crysis should get a decent boost.

It uses it, just reports it wrong, my 2x 9600GTs only show as single GPU but my score is definitely dual GPU.

Wow, forgot I made this post, and found it in a search XD

I ended up just using 3dmark06 to test them. 3dmark only detects 1 card as well, but it stresses both.

vista 64bit ultimate, top two recommended slots being used, flashed to latest version of bios given from MSI. Games use both gpus and windows detects both cards, I did enable SLI in the nvidia driver menu.

I think it's just an issue with Furmark...Although I do have a few issues with rivatuner only doing one card from time to time.

Back