SLI quadro Counter Strike Benchie

Mister E said:
It's a nice looking rig but the price to performance ratio is just stupid.


Not imo. If you want to just use games, then sure. But if he needs it for work as well, then it saves him from buying an alternate comp. And even still, if it's slightly more expensive, than two very high end versions of both professional and gaming comps, then at least he isn't forced to deal with two comps all the time, which would get annoying and complicated.
 
/me comatose.

Jesus what a setup! Congrats.

That rig is the kind I have wet dreams about...
 
Can I post my 12833 3dmark05 score if I did not use official drivers?
 
Why not add a 3ware 9500S-8 and another 4x400GB sata drives the case has more than enough room for it. Also what power supply are you using?
 
Just as a comparison against his setup. Exact same setting in the CS:S video stress test and I nailed 152.98. So those FX4400's are a tiny bit faster
 
He also has dual 252s, not like dual procs make a difference in any game besides Q3, but that machine would smoke just about everyones here in anyproductivity benchmarks, except maybe dual Xeons.
I h8 people with a lot more money than me :(
 
yea, but those 252's are 2.6ghz vs my 3500+'s 2.2. I should OC to 2.6 and see if i can close the gap.
 
LittleMe said:
yea, but those 252's are 2.6ghz vs my 3500+'s 2.2. I should OC to 2.6 and see if i can close the gap.

thats the only way to do it...
 
just busted out 145.9fps with video cards @ stock speeds and cpu @ 2.8.....It is my goal to beat you're score with my $180 chip lol. For some reason when I overclock my cards, my FPS drops....even when I only move them to 450/1150....very strange.

:p



ps: If I can't do it with this chip, I have a 3500 CAA2C coming in that should do about 3-3.2ghz on phase, that should do it. I would feel like I cheated though.....
 
Going to water cool both cpu and gpu's. Only going 256 ultras though, of course once the ati 520 comes out, I may be slapping that in. Going with 15K boot drives and RAIDXL on the 400 seagates
 
You are folding all those rigs in your sig darthdana, right? Only 19 daysuntil takeover right now, but if you started folding all those rigs for us, that might go down to 18 days :D

Back on topic, computerpro3, OCing is always accepted, its his choice not to have a lsight chance of ricking his investment for free extra speed, so go for it!

 
Jason711 said:
thats the only way to do it...

well, moved up 2.3ghz (300 short of his 2.6) and got a 159.73. Barely beat his fx4400's but just goes to show that for gaming although it's very nice, nvidia's gaming cards beat their pro cards, atleast in directx.

But again, very nice setup man. Hope to see some benchmarks when the dual-cores come out and you move over to them.
 
computerpro3 said:
just busted out 145.9fps with video cards @ stock speeds and cpu @ 2.8.....It is my goal to beat you're score with my $180 chip lol. For some reason when I overclock my cards, my FPS drops....even when I only move them to 450/1150....very strange.

:p



ps: If I can't do it with this chip, I have a 3500 CAA2C coming in that should do about 3-3.2ghz on phase, that should do it. I would feel like I cheated though.....


152fps here
 
Not sure if Venturi is still following this thread but I was just wondering which model Zalman's you have on your CPU's?

I've built a similar rig except in a Coolermaster Stacker and 8gigs of ram instead of 16, 6800 ultra's instead of quadro's and a couple of raptors for booting 32 bit xp and 64bit xp pro and 2 x 400gigs for storage.

Thanks for your time or if anyone else can accurately tell which model they are from photo's that would be great :)
 
shanecole said:
Not sure if Venturi is still following this thread but I was just wondering which model Zalman's you have on your CPU's?

I've built a similar rig except in a Coolermaster Stacker and 8gigs of ram instead of 16, 6800 ultra's instead of quadro's and a couple of raptors for booting 32 bit xp and 64bit xp pro and 2 x 400gigs for storage.

Thanks for your time or if anyone else can accurately tell which model they are from photo's that would be great :)

edit--
 
Shifra said:
looks like model CNPS7700-AlCu
i believe its the 7000 version, i dont think theres a way in hell he could fit two 7700's on that board... i mean that is two 120mm fans right next to eachother
 
lithium726 said:
i believe its the 7000 version, i dont think theres a way in hell he could fit two 7700's on that board... i mean that is two 120mm fans right next to eachother

yea your right it is, so CNPS7000B-AlCu rather. You can tell the fan is a little smaller then the 120mm to the right.
 
Is there a preference/reason for using the AlCu instead of the pure Cu version of the 7000? (weight or something), thanks for the replies. Awesome wealth of info these [H]ard|Forum's are ! :)
 
i would assume hes using them due to looks... hes not overclocking so cooling doesnt matter for him.
 
Worminater said:
i would assume hes using them due to looks... hes not overclocking so cooling doesnt matter for him.

Wait, you are kidding me, right? Hmm, sure, those dual Opteron 252s don't produce any heat worth mention. Seriously, they must heat up pretty well, and constitute the need for the good old Zalmans, besides, they're quite when done correctly.
 
Venturi,
First of all, really nice setup there.

I just have one question about it. Not to flame you or anything. But why are you trusting almost $10,000 retail of computer equipment to an Ultra-X Powersupply. Thats playing with fire if you ask me.
 
Spazilton said:
Venturi,
First of all, really nice setup there.

I just have one question about it. Not to flame you or anything. But why are you trusting almost $10,000 retail of computer equipment to an Ultra-X Powersupply. Thats playing with fire if you ask me.
im going to have to agree. dont turn it on again until you get a PC P&C 510SLI.

the Ultra-X is garbage
 
lithium726 said:
im going to have to agree. dont turn it on again until you get a PC P&C 510SLI.

the Ultra-X is garbage
I love my Ultra X-Connect. I have a couple other nice 500W+ PSU's, but my X-Connect is my favorite.
 
Project_2501 said:
Wait, you are kidding me, right? Hmm, sure, those dual Opteron 252s don't produce any heat worth mention. Seriously, they must heat up pretty well, and constitute the need for the good old Zalmans, besides, they're quite when done correctly.
they're 90nm. though last i checked the 'TDP' was 92w, i have a feeling it's far closer to 60w per cpu at stock. either way, a 252 is definitly cooler than an fx-55, and 7000-alcu will cool one of them just fine.. so yeah.
 
hes asking for trouble with the x-connect.

I will bet that dies within a year. Real paypal money.
 
computerpro3 said:
hes asking for trouble with the x-connect.

I will bet that dies within a year. Real paypal money.
Talk about russian roulette, I don't know why/how some can still buy something that is know to be a POS. I guess they'd rather have a gaudy PSU rather then a real quality one. :rolleyes:
 
CrimandEvil said:
Talk about russian roulette, I don't know why/how some can still buy something that is know to be a POS. I guess they'd rather have a gaudy PSU rather then a real quality one. :rolleyes:
PC Powar and coooolio 4 lyfe :)

I really do love my PCP&C 510SLI Tho ;)
 
Back
Top