Sli PSU?

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,916
Umm.. I'm thinking of maybe.. just maybe of doing dual 8800GTS in a sli. What kinda PSU will I need for such a build?
 
Budget?

Corsair HX 520
Corsair HX 620
Silverstone ST56ZF
Silverstone ST75ZF
Silverstone ST75F
Silverstone ST85ZF
Silverstone OL650
Silverstone OL1kw
Seasonic S12-EP 550
Seasonic S120EP 650
Seasonic M12-600
Seasonic M12-700
PCP&C Silencer 610
PCP&C Silencer 750
PCP&C Turbo-Cool 1kw-SR
 
budget mmm.. 100-200$, im thinking more 8800GTS not GTX.. or maybe there midrange cards when they come out. Modular design would be cool but not necessary, size.. mm standard atx size, silent fan?
 
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W Power Supply.. is this good enough to run this:

AMD FX60
2 x Raptors
2 x 8800GTS

?
 
Yes, but I don't suggest it. It is a quad railed psu, and it has excess out of spec ripple at high loads.

At that price point, the Silverstone Olympia is tops. In my book, at least.
 
bah sounds like to much power... should I just wait for like 8600gt then put them in sli?
 
bah sounds like to much power... should I just wait for like 8600gt then put them in sli?

The entire point of SLI is to take two high-end cards and couple them for unbeatable performance. When you take two mid-range cards and couple them in SLI, all you get is a more expensive, noisier, hotter version of a single high-end card. If you're planning to buy a single card then add a second more than 4-5 months later, you would be better off just replacing that card with another single card of higher performance in many cases.
 
Back
Top