• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLI Problem!1

Homer

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
481
I have my whole rig running (see sig). My problem is that when I have one card in, and SLI disabled on the mobo (pin settings) the computer works fine, but once I turn SLI on and throw in the other 7800 I cant see anything out of either cards. Any advice?
 
Homer said:
I have my whole rig running (see sig). My problem is that when I have one card in, and SLI disabled on the mobo (pin settings) the computer works fine, but once I turn SLI on and throw in the other 7800 I cant see anything out of either cards. Any advice?

What MB do you have?
 
This is going to sound like a stupid question but did you attach the little bridge connecting the cards? (Two Slots on the top side of the cards)
 
Test each card in Single Slot mode. Either one of them is faulty or its a Software/Mobo issue.
 
Both cards work sometimes when SLI is disabled and one card is in at a time.
 
What the hell do you mean by your last comment.

Take both cards out and turn off SLI. Now put one card in and try it, now take it out and put the other in. Post your findings.
 
Ok, did that, both of the cards will work by them selves with SLI off... now what?
 
Does the Computer make BIOS beeps?
Does the GPU fans spin up?
Does your Monitor try to degauss and show something when you power up, or are they still in power-save mode?
 
Hmmmm... the SLI / non-SLI (single card / dual cards ) selector between the PCI-E slots, if I were you, I would re-seat that a couple of times. Like, really make sure it's seated well. Try it... It's fixed problems like this for others. :)
 
Check each card indavaidually and see if the BIOSes of the VC's are the same....im sure they are but its worth a try.

Try the newest 77.72/80.XX sequence of drivers, make sure you do a proper washing of the old drivers.

Make sure the DFI is flashed to the latest BIOS.

Make sure each 7800 has its own PSU Rail, download Speedfan and see what youre +12v rail is @.
 
Oh yes, make sure you get the mobo to the latest bios also. good catch. ^^^^
 
I have not done SLI but I'm thinking about it, I have an ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe and I know there is some molex connected on the motherboard that asus calles EZ plug or something. I dont know if your motherboard has one or not but perhaps a power cable is susposed to plug into it.
 
Back
Top