SLI / P35 mobo

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109755

Now obviously the p35 supports crossfire and not SLI, but my question is still valid I think.

The 9800GX2 / 7950GX2, basically are SLI onboard the video card as I understand it, but does that require an SLI motherboard? I have an Asus p5k deluxe which is a p35 chipset...and I was just curious to know if I get one of the 9800GX2's when they're available, will I be able to support the SLI function even without having an SLI board?

You can run one 9800GX2 on a P35 motherboard with no problem. It is seen as one video card.

It should be very similar to how the X2 works. It is onboard crossfire but it reads as a single card, but this is just assumption here since I haven't been following this particular card of Nvidia.

It should be very similar to how the X2 works. It is onboard crossfire but it reads as a single card, but this is just assumption here since I haven't been following this particular card of Nvidia.

Actually, if you load up the 3870x2 in Vista you'll see it doesn't read like a single card. Device manager still sees 2 gpu's, and shows as two devices. However, the ATI control panel does not allow you to toggle the crossfire checkbox to enable or disable it... in that regard the CP sees the card as 1 single card.

Back