Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
They way I understand it, SLI operates at the slowest rate of any card in the array. So if even if one card's core and memory clock rate is higher, the other will operate at that speed.
To be honest, I don't know how you would set differenent clock speeds for differenent cards, at least though the nVidia control panel. There you can only set one clock rate as far a I know, and it affects both cards.
I adjusted speeds of both cards via bios flash.. .I just need to know if one 7800GT is running at 590/1280 and the other is running at 625/1350 if it will cause problems. If it will cause the faster card to run slower or even the other way around.. Right now I flashed both cards to run at 590/1280 until I find out for sure...
the bios sets the startup clocks in dos mode, when you get to windows the driver and the options set in the driver program sets what the clocks will run at when in games or 2d mode.
i would assume that you would want both bios's to be the same, although they will run with different bios's. its just one way to make sure that it doesnt add instability into your system.
if you go into rivatuner open the hardware moniter, now goto the main page of riva, where it shows the target adapter, the pull down menu will have 2 monitors in there, the plug and play will be the pri card, and the default will be the sec. card, run rthdribl_1_2, and check the clocks in the graph, switch the target adapters and you will see any difference in the cards, you will most likely have the same speeds, the only difference you should see is the pri. card will be a few degrees hotter then the sec. card