SLI or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwl24

Limp Gawd
Hey guys... so basically I got a GTX Titan XP, and since the release of the 1080TI which is showing on par or slightly better I was considering going SLI TITAN XP's since there's several people selling theirs off.

Is it work SLI'ing 2x of the Titan XP's and if so what kind of performance boost am I looking at? And how would they compare to SLI 1080 TI's?

This is of course getting the second TitanXP at $700-800, thoughts/comments?

I'm currently playing on a Acer XB1HU 165hz monitor @ 1440p running one TitanXP at roughly 1975-2000mhm core clock / 5500 or so memory clock. I'm just curious if it's worth going SLI and going SLI at an extra $700-750 pending how much I can pick up another XP. I'd assume it's going to be roughly the same performance or on par with 2x 1080 ti's. And since I can get the 2nd xp at around the same cost as a single TI, wondering if it's worth.

So I'm assuming you guys are leaning to not getting a 2nd TitanXP for sli at 1440p? At roughly $750.

So I'm assuming you guys are leaning to not getting a 2nd TitanXP for sli at 1440p? At roughly $750.

It ultimately depends on what games you play (IE if you tend to play SLI supported titles over non-supported titles) and sort of performance you are expecting.

If your gaming suite are all SLI supported, and you are looking to get more perf out of them, sure, I'd do it.

One quirk about SLI is that its support, especially during day 1, is often not guarenteed, so you will run into more issues, at least initially.

What games do you play, as has been asked a couple times? A few games have great mGPU support, most games I play I have to disable the second GPU or I get insane flicker or artifact. Not worth it IMO.

If you want the best possible performance available period then yes get a second card. If you understand that there are going to be times when there is no SLI in certain games. Or situations where SLI might not work properly then go for it. In my experience SLI works more than its doesn't and the performance it offers can't be matched with out it. If your cool with the idea that when you can't utilize your second card you'll be running on one card only then cool. I understand these limitations and am ok with the added cost IDF the second card. There are people here who will tell you that since SLI doesn't work 100% of the time or work properly all the time that it's a waste of money. I'm not one of those people.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
So I just picked up another TitanXP at $737 so I will be rockin' SLI TitanXP's at 1440p.

Please convince me that it was a good deal and worth it.

:sleep:

Reactions: Savoy
like this
Please continue to ignore all our questions in a thread you made asking for advise.

I didn't ignore anything, I just wanted a overall opinion, rather than base it on specific games.

I pretty much play everything at the moment, anything from FPS/MMORPG to new releases as H1Z1/PUBG.

I game on a 2560x1440p XBH1U Acer monitor, and probably intend on getting 4k 120hz+ when it comes out. I had the chance to pick up a TitanXP for $737, which is only roughly $40 more than a 1080TI, and SLI it with my current XP. So I basically wanted to know if it was worth it, and if the performance is negligible, or if I should also be selling off my XP and going with a 1080TI. From the benchmarks and tests it looked like they were neck n' neck in performance, so thought this may be a good idea, and basically what I was asking.

Everyone in this thread failed. He had already decided and just wanted all of you to support his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back