SLi on Intel boards

Faction

The Chairman
Now i know the newest chipsets do not support SLi, but my question is a little harder than that, I have a 7950GX2, it is one card, but is technically SLi, Any ideas if this will work in the newer generation boards?

It will work. The 7950GX2 does SLI internally between the two boards. It has nothing to do with your motherboard. It will work fine. This I can assure you.

It will work. The 7950GX2 does SLI internally between the two boards. It has nothing to do with your motherboard. It will work fine. This I can assure you.

thanks, and yes I have used the gx2 in all the common chipsets i've encountered

I'd never buy another NVIDIA motherboard again if this was possible using an Intel chipset.

I'd never buy another NVIDIA motherboard again if this was possible using an Intel chipset.

Well you can run the 7950GX2 or any card that essentially uses two GPUs on one board on any chipset you like. As for standard SLI, well I agree with you. I wouldn't have stuck with the 680i SLI as long as I have if I could have been using Intel chipsets this whole time.

Honestly even though the 680i SLI chipset is a much better overclocker, I'd have kept rocking with my P5W-DH all this time until the introduction of X38 if I could have had SLI on an Intel chipset.

I from owning one till 2 days ago can say it works on 945 - 965 - 680i - P35 chip sets just fine

Yeah I once had a GX2 and it's designed to work with one PCI-e slot, thus not requiring a SLI board.

Also, there are modified drivers allowing you to run SLI (real SLI, e.g. two 8800GTXs) on 975 or 965; Google it. The drivers are based off old Nvidia drivers and overall performance will suffer. I've never tried it, but I've seen enough to believe it.

I also had no problems with the 680i other than its high price and high heat/noise output.

Yeah I once had a GX2 and it's designed to work with one PCI-e slot, thus not requiring a SLI board.

Also, there are modified drivers allowing you to run SLI (real SLI, e.g. two 8800GTXs) on 975 or 965; Google it. The drivers are based off old Nvidia drivers and overall performance will suffer. I've never tried it, but I've seen enough to believe it.

I also had no problems with the 680i other than its high price and high heat/noise output.

There are old hacked drivers for Windows XP that allow cards up to the 7900GTX to function in SLI mode on any chipset. That part is true. I have never heard of any such drivers that will work on the 7950GX2 or GeForce 8 series cards.

Back