SLI HB Bridges are Out (NVIDIA.com)

sk3tch

2[H]4U
Go go go...

Make sure you take a look at the diagram before buying. Most of us need the 4 slot one which is two PCI spaces in between the cards for SLI.

Ordered my 4 slot SLI HB bridge. Got the notification email from nvidia at a little after 1pm EST. Link for the lazy GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card

39.99 though... usually bridges are around 30 dollars, guess this is another 10 dollar early adopter tax :p

I have to keep my cards sandwiched together, I tried moving them farther apart but the 3rd or 4th slots drop down to 8x instead if 16x... it's a new MSI X99a Gaming Carbon too. Not happy

I ordered one. Got the ASUS X99-Deluxe mobo, I believe I'm supposed to use the 3-slot version (if not, I'll be pissed come next week).

Strange you can't find them anywhere except direct from Nvidia. I guess over time more vendors will make them.

I ordered one. Got the ASUS X99-Deluxe mobo, I believe I'm supposed to use the 3-slot version (if not, I'll be pissed come next week).

Strange you can't find them anywhere except direct from Nvidia. I guess over time more vendors will make them.

the best way to be sure is to measure the SLI bridge that came with your mobo. I measures 60 mm for my ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, so it's the medium SLI bridge in my case.

Kinda wish nVidia would adopt CF XDMA or have their own implementation, charging for an HB Bridge is ridiculous.

Guys would you keep your cards cooler by running one in a 8x mode or leave them sandwiched together? Also from what I've read there is no difference in this new bridge vs the newer v.2 light up ones like the Evga.

Guys would you keep your cards cooler by running one in a 8x mode or leave them sandwiched together? Also from what I've read there is no difference in this new bridge vs the newer v.2 light up ones like the Evga.

If it was me, I'd return that Gaming Carbon if this is the case. I'll have to look at the manual but something tells me there is another configuration that allows x16/x16 that isn't sandwiched. But if not, get yourself another board. Air flow between cards is key to good temps. Sandwiched cards run a lot hotter in my experience.

If it was me, I'd return that Gaming Carbon if this is the case. I'll have to look at the manual but something tells me there is another configuration that allows x16/x16 that isn't sandwiched. But if not, get yourself another board. Air flow between cards is key to good temps. Sandwiched cards run a lot hotter in my experience.

Looking online I'm seeing pretty much every motherboard is like this.

TYVM, just got me 1 2 slot, now i just gotta wait unitl EVGA StepUPs sends me 2x 1080 FE

Heads up if you plan on watercooling. It's too large to work with EK's blocks. I'm using an EVGA LED bridge right now with my blocks.

I have a EVga light up.bridge and it seems that from everything I've read it will be identical to the new one since my resolution is 4k or less. I'll wait until you guys test these out.

Back