SLI game speed increase? =(

StealthyFish

[H]ard|Gawd
Wtf, I don't get why my SLI system now produces faster game speeds. Not higher FPS, but the game actually speeds up to unplayable speeds. Does anyone know any fixes to this?

Turn vertical sync back on and see if that helps. I had this happen a long time ago and it turned out v.sync was off by accident.

Turn vertical sync back on and see if that helps. I had this happen a long time ago and it turned out v.sync was off by accident.

I'll try that. I don't think vSync has anything to do with this though, since everything was normal with vSync off before... and it happens to pretty much all the games i've tested. It didn't do this yesterday, it just started today, a day after I got my SLI working...

Please list the specific games you are having this problem in.

I remember back in the day Unreal Tournament 2004 had a similar problem w/ dual core CPUs.

Please list the specific games you are having this problem in.

I remember back in the day Unreal Tournament 2004 had a similar problem w/ dual core CPUs.

well, the only two games I've got on my computer right now are TOCA3 and Richard Burns rally, and both games have that problem.

I had this issue on a laptop. It was because the driver had some power saving modes active..

I had this issue on a laptop. It was because the driver had some power saving modes active..

well, the weird part is, I restarted my computer last night, and the problem went away. But I didn't do anything to it. I still want to figure this out, becuase it might come back and have the same problem, and I might run out of luck :p I'll look through power settings and see, just to double check.

Back