• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLI for 6600GT's?

Invader_sk00dge

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
229
Okay, I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but if I put two 6600 GT's in SLI Mode will there be any performance difference? If so what will it be? I looked through some of the threads and couldn't find a post about this specific situation. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't do it! The performance will actually be about the same as a 6800GT in everything but 3Dmark lol. Sell the one 6600GT and invest in one 7800 GT. The added power consumption, heat, and driver complications of SLI is not worth it for two mid-range cards that add up to almost one high-end card.
 
I have the budget for the 7800, however I don't want to get it if I don't need it. The only reason I want to go SLI on this is to 1) save money and 2) if there is any performance gain to get that in games, not neccesarily 3d Mark...so I was wondering if it is still worth it.
 
Back
Top